Published April 27 2020, 28 pages
An expanded issue that looks at current nanotech solutions for addressing the COVID-19 pandemic including diagnostic testing, facemasks, coatings, PPE and air filtration (indoors). Also covered in this issue is ongoing research, products, product and commercialization in other nanomaterials, graphene and carbon nanotubes.
P. 4-10 Nanofibers for Microbial and Viral Protection for PPE, Consumer Textiles and Air-borne filtration
- Nanofiber facemasks.
- Nanofiber PPE and textiles.
- Nanocellulose face mask filters.
- Air-borne filtration.
- Company activity.
P.11-15 Antiviral and antimicrobial nano silver coatings under development
P. 16-21 COVID-19 nanotech research and product news. March-April 2020
- New Nanogold COVID-19 test developed.
- Chitosan nanoparticles drugs to treat COVID-19.
- Disabling the virus with nano therapies.
- Commercially available COVID-10 disinfection device.
- Iron oxide nanoparticle COVID-19 tests.
- Nanosilver anti-bacterial and anti-viral products.
- Start up develops gold nanoparticle paper test.
- New graphene-based self-sterilizing air filters.
- New graphene biosensor for COVID-19 detection.
- Graphene antibacterial facemasks.
- Antibiotic drug used to fight against coronavirus (COVID-19).
P. 22-28 Nanotech product and production news. March-April 2020
- Nanotech Ultracapacitors.
- Graphene for fabrics.
- SWCNTS synthesis.
- Si Nanowires for Lithium-ion (Li-ion) Si batteries.
- Graphene automotive components.
- Graphene sunglasses.
- Graphene in aerospace.
- Graphene glue.
- Start-up raises over $10 million in investment.
- Graphene biosensors.
- Japan multinational to expand CNT production.
- New flexible nanotube adhesive sheet technology.
- Cabot completes acquisition of China nanotubes producer.