Published July 8 2020, 21 pages
Issue 62 of Nanotech magazine continues our analysis of recent nanotech based responses to COVID-19 mitigation. We cover commercial activity in filters, face masks, diagnostics, anti-viral coatings, mask validation tech, biosensors and vaccines.
Also covered is the growing market for nanodiamonds, which find application in personal care products (sunscreens, anti-aging products), biomedicine (drug delivery and therapeutics, anti-virals and anti-bacterials), coatings, composites, electronics, energy storage, lubricants and sensors. We analyse nanodiamonds types, applications and producers.
Also in this month’s issue, latest nanotech products and graphene commercial activities.
P. 4-10 Nanodiamonds
- Company activity.
P.10-13 Recent nanotech COVID-19 product and research news
- Nano-coated filters.
- Bio-photonic nanochips for detection.
- Graphene in face masks to enhance personal protective equipment.
- Composite inks for COVID-19.
- Security markers to medical face masks.
- Magnetic nanoparticles for diagnostics.
- Rapid, point-of-care diagnostic tests.
- S-layer vaccines.
- Portable COVID-19 diagnostic test based on nanosensors.
P. 14-17 Nanotech research and product news
- Nanocages for the nuclear industry.
- Solar-powered nanoparticle systems.
- Oil-in-water nanoemulsion technology.
- PLGA nanoparticles.
- Nanotech for enhanced oil and gas recovery.
- Carbon nanotubes for Li-Ion battery cathodes and anodes.
- Quantum dot agricultural products.
- Nanoptics for security.
- Quantum dot wearable patches.
P. 18-21 Graphene product and production news
- 2D materials in aerospace engine systems.
- Latest graphene production.
- Graphene concrete.
- Graphehe conductive inks.
- Graphene for roads.
- Graphene motorbikes.
- Graphene lubricants.
- Graphene antibacterial products.