May 2023 | 109 pages, 12 tables, 22 figures | Download table of contents
Titanium dioxide (TiO2) possesses a higher refractive index than diamond, does not absorb visible rays, and is highly chemically stable. Therefore, it is widely used in paints and cosmetics as a white pigment and ultra-violet (UV) absorbing agent. There are three types of crystal structures of titanium dioxide-anatase, rutile and brookite. Industrially used ones are anatase and rutile. Rutile is the most stable, and anatase converts to rutile at temperatures in excess of 700 °C.
Micronparticle titanium dioxide (TiO2) and nanoparticle Titanium Dioxide (TiO2-NPs) are markedly different materials. Micron particle size TiO2 is mainly used as white pigment in the paint and cosmetic industry. TiO2-NPs possess a much greater surface area of a given mass or volume of nanoparticles compared to an equivalent mass or volume of conventional TiO2 particles, resulting in enhanced catalytic activity and UV absorption at certain wavelengths.
TiO2-NPs exhibit UV shielding effects, and rutile is widely used in the cosmetics sector, especially in sunscreens. Anatase displays photocatalytic functions (more so than rutile) and offers self- cleaning capabilities under sunlight, air cleaning, water quality improvement and anti-microbial and anti-mould functions for application in numerous paints and coatings sectors. Nano-porous TiO2 thin films have been widely used as the working electrodes in dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). DSSCs consist of a sensitizing dye, a transparent conducting substrate (F-doped tin oxide), a nanometer sized TiO2 ﬁlm, iodide electrolyte, and a counter electrode (Pt or carbon).
Commercially available brands of TiO2-NPs vary in particle size, surface area, purity (e.g., due to doping, coating, or quality control), surface characteristics, crystalline form, chemical reactivity, and other properties. Photocatalytic paints and coatings (containing photo-active titanium dioxide (TiO2) as a white pigment) have been widely used in building protection due to the self-cleaning activity of TiO2, which effectively remove inorganic and organic pollutants as well as dirt and stains. Photocatalytic coatings are largely composed of nanoparticles of ceramic oxides, with most based on titanium dioxide (TiO2). Other types contan mixtures of TiO2 with silicon dioxide (SiO2) and/ or zinc oxide (ZnO). Tungsten oxides have found application in indoor photocatalysts activated by visible light.
Report contents include:
- Market drivers and trends.
- Properties and synthesis methods.
- Market segment analysis. Markets covered include Sunscreens and cosmetics (personal care products), Coatings, Biomedicine and healthcare, Ceramics and solar.
- Global market structure.
- Global regulations and safety.
- Price and price drivers.
- Market consumption of Titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles/powders, total, by market and by region.
- Profiles of 58 companies.
1 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 12
2 INTRODUCTION 13
- 2.1 Aims and objectives of the study 13
- 2.2 Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 13
- 2.3 Market definition 16
- 2.3.1 Properties of nanomaterials 16
- 2.4 Categorization 17
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 19
- 3.1 The global market for nanoparticles/powders 19
- 3.2 Titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders market 20
4 MARKET DRIVERS 22
- 4.1 New functionalities and improved properties 22
- 4.2 Mitigating the spread of disease 23
- 4.3 Need for more effective protection and improved asset sustainability 23
- 4.4 Photocatalytic coatings to inhibit microbial contamination 24
- 4.5 Sustainable coating systems and materials 25
- 4.6 Need to improve outdoor air quality 25
- 4.7 Need to improve indoor air quality 25
- 4.8 Building protection 26
5 PROPERTIES 28
- 5.1 Micronparticle TiO2 versus Nanoparticle TiO2 28
- 5.2 Photocatalytic 29
- 5.3 UV-filter 30
- 5.4 Glass coatings 30
- 5.5 Interior coatings 31
6 MARKET SEGMENT ANALYSIS 32
- 6.1 Sunscreens and cosmetics (personal care products) 33
- 6.1.1 Applications 33
- 6.1.2 Market demand 2019-2033 35
- 6.2 Coatings 36
- 6.2.1 Self-cleaning coatings glass 37
- 6.2.2 Photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) indoor air filters 38
- 6.2.3 Water treatment 40
- 6.2.4 Medical facilities 41
- 6.2.5 Antimicrobial coating indoor light activation 41
- 6.2.6 Market demand 2019-2033 42
- 6.3 Building and construction 43
- 6.3.1 Coatings and surfaces 43
- 6.3.2 Self-sensing concrete 45
- 220.127.116.11 Filler materials 47
- 18.104.22.168 Applications 48
7 REGULATIONS AND SAFETY 51
- 7.1 Regulations 51
- 7.1.1 Europe 51
- 7.1.2 North America 52
- 7.1.3 Asia-Pacific 53
- 7.2 Toxicity and safety 53
8 TECHNOLOGY READINESS LEVEL (TRL) CHART 54
9 GLOBAL MARKET DEMAND FOR TITANIUM DIOXIDE NANOPARTICLES/POWDERS 55
- 9.1 Titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders market share 2020 55
- 9.2 Demand in tons, 2010-2033 56
- 9.2.1 Total global demand 56
- 9.2.2 Demand by market 2019-2033 58
- 9.3 Consumption by region 61
10 COMPANY PROFILES 62
- 10.1 TREATED NANO-TIO2 NANOMATERIALS PRODUCERS 62 (14 company profiles)
- 10.2 TIO2 NANOMATERIALS PRODUCERS 72 (13 company profiles)
- 10.3 OTHER COMPANIES 80 (31 company profiles)
11 REFERENCES 106
LIST OF TABLES
- Table 1. Technology Readiness Level (TRL) Examples. 14
- Table 2. Categorization of nanomaterials. 17
- Table 3. The Global market for nanomaterials in 2022 in tons, market characteristics and growth prospects. 19
- Table 4. Market overview for titanium dioxide nanoparticles -Selling grade particle diameter, usage, advantages, average price/ton, high volume applications, low volume applications and novel applications. 21
- Table 5. Main markets and applications for TiO2 nanoparticles/nanopowders. 32
- Table 6. Market structure for Nano-TiO2 in cosmetics and sunscreens. 33
- Table 7. Main titanium dioxide nanoparticles suppliers, products, primary particle size. 34
- Table 8. Development of photocatalytic coatings, by generation. 37
- Table 9. Advanced coating applied in the building and construction industry. 43
- Table 10. Types of fillers in self-sensing concrete. 47
- Table 11. Applications of self-sensing concrete. 48
- Table 12. Demand for titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders, conservative and optimistic estimates (tons). 56
LIST OF FIGURES
- Figure 1. Schematic indoor air filtration. 26
- Figure 2. Titanium dioxide-coated glass (left) and ordinary glass (right). 27
- Figure 3. Schematic of photocatalytic indoor air purification filter. 27
- Figure 4. Market demand in for titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders in sunscreens and cosmetics, 2019-2033 (tons). 36
- Figure 5. Mechanism of photocatalysis on a surface treated with TiO2 nanoparticles. 37
- Figure 6. Self-Cleaning mechanism utilizing photooxidation. 38
- Figure 7. Photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) air filter. 39
- Figure 8. Schematic indoor air filtration. 40
- Figure 9. Schematic of photocatalytic water purification. 41
- Figure 10. Market demand in for titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders in paints and coatings, 2019-2033 (tons). 42
- Figure 11. Schematic of photocatalytic air purifying pavement. 45
- Figure 12. Self-sensing concrete schematic. 47
- Figure 13. TRL for for Titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles/powders 54
- Figure 14. Titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders market share 2022 (%) 55
- Figure 15. Demand for titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders, conservative and optimistic estimates 2010-2033 (tons). 57
- Figure 16. Demand for titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders, by market 2019-2033 (tons), low estimate. 59
- Figure 17. Demand for titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders, by market 2019-2033 (tons), conservative estimate. 59
- Figure 18. Demand for titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders, by market 2019-2033 (tons), high estimate. 61
- Figure 19. Consumption of titanium dioxide nanoparticles/powders, by region 2022 (%). 61
- Figure 20. NOx reduction with TioCem®. 85
- Figure 21. V-CAT® photocatalyst mechanism. 102
- Figure 22. Applications of Titanystar. 104
Payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal.
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer) or in an alternative currency please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or select Bank Transfer (Invoice) as a payment method at checkout.