Published December 2022 | 61 pages, 6 tables, 6 figures | Download Table of contents
Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating is a single layer of hard carbon, deposited using highly specialised coating methods. DLC coatings are used to modify the surfaces of materials and improve the tribological and other properties. DLC coatings have many advantages because of their low cost and their abilities to provide diamond-like properties to different surfaces. DLC coatings can be deposited on nearly all metals, metal alloys, and also on non-metals such as silicon, glass, ceramics, plastics, etc. DLC can be deposited at low (<200C) substrate temperature.
Desirable properties include:
- high hardness
- good wear resistance
- low friction coefficient
- chemical inertness
- electrical insulation
- thermal stability up to ∼ 400 oC.
Markets and applications DLCs are used in include:
- cutting tools
- mechanical components
- optical devices
- fusion reactors
- digital screening equipment
- multispectral interference
- biomedical implants.
- dental implants
- energy storage devices.
Report contents include:
- DLC coatings description, types, classification, properties, deposition processes, challenges, ta-C coatings analysis.
- Markets and applications analysis.
- Global market revenues in USD, historical and forecast, by market.
- Profiles of 22 companies in DLC coatings. Companies profiled include Acree Technologies, Inc., Nanotec Co., Ltd., Nippon, OC Oerlikon, and Teer Coatings Ltd., and TOCALO Co., Ltd.
1 TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW 6
- 1.1 Classification of DLC coatings 7
- 1.2 Properties 9
- 1.2.1 Shortcomings with DLC coatings 12
- 1.3 Deposition processes 13
- 1.4 Challenges 17
- 1.5 Amorphous tetrahedral carbon (ta-C) coatings 18
- 1.5.1 Properties 19
- 1.5.2 Applications 21
2 GLOBAL MARKET FOR DLC COATINGS 26
- 2.1 Applications and markets 26
- 2.1.1 Automotive 28
- 2.1.2 Medical 30
- 2.1.3 Industrial parts and machinery 32
- 2.1.4 Tools 33
- 2.1.5 Injection molding 34
- 2.1.6 Optical coatings 36
- 2.2 Global market size 38
- 2.2.1 Total revenues 2018-2033 (Billion USD) 38
- 2.2.2 Total revenues 2018-2033 (Million USD), by market 39
3 COMPANY PROFILES 41 (22 company profiles)
4 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 60
5 REFERENCES 61
List of Tables
- Table 1. Properties of Diamond-like carbon (DLC) coatings. 9
- Table 2. Synthesis methods for DLC coatings. 13
- Table 3. Structures and Characteristics of DLC Production processes. 14
- Table 4. Applications and markets for Diamond-like carbon (DLC) coatings. 26
- Table 5. Global revenues for DLC coatings, 2018-2033 (Billion USD). 38
- Table 6. Total revenues 2018-2033 (Million USD), by market. 39
List of Figures
- Figure 1. Classification of DLC coatings. 7
- Figure 2. Properties of diamond and DLC materials. 11
- Figure 3. Typical DLC Production Process. 14
- Figure 4. Example DLC coatings in automobile. 29
- Figure 5. Global revenues for DLC coatings, 2018-2032 (Billion USD). 39
- Figure 6. Total revenues 2018-2033 (Million USD), by market. 40
Payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal.
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer) or in an alternative currency please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or select Bank Transfer (Invoice) as a payment method at checkout.